Financial Resources for Active Military, Veterans and their Spouses
Active duty Military Personnel, Military Veterans, and their spouses may receive reimbursement for approved licensing and certification tests if the individuals are qualified for:
- Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB), or
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserves (MGIB-SR) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
- Reserve Education Assistance Program (REAP) (Public Law 109-163 enacted January 6, 2006)
- Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP), or
- Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA)
For more information about these programs, please visit: www.GIBILL.va.gov as well as https://www.cool.army.mil/index.htm, https://www.military.com/education/air-force-credentialing-opportunities-on-line-air-force-cool.html, https://www.cool.navy.mil/usn/ and https://explore.va.gov/education-training/spouses-dependents-survivors.
Please note that all 8 of PMI’s certifications are approved by the VA for reimbursement via the Post 9/11 GI Bill, therefore any certification exam costs can be submitted to the VA for reimbursement.
There is a FAQ on the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs that addresses several questions relating to the types of training that are covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill.
For more information, please visit: https://gibill.custhelp.va.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/939/kw/online%20training
If you have any questions, please contact the PMI Columbus GA Military Liaison.