“The U.S. demand for project practitioners is expanding by more than 12 percent, resulting in almost 6.2 million jobs in 2020, according to PMI’s 2013 Talent Gap Report.” (January 2015 PM Network)
As the profession continues to gain recognition and the demand for the skill sets of project managers grows, only the well-equipped, talented, connected and knowledgeable project managers will be in the best positions to advance and enrich their professional careers. The Project Management Institute (PMI®) and its PMI Columbus, GA Chapter can play vital roles in preparing YOU for those opportunities.
Benefits PMI and Columbus, GA Chapter Membership*
- Monthly Chapter Meetings – Lunch and dinner meetings provide networking opportunities with fellow professionals and feature presentations on popular project management topics that grant free Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Educational Workshops – Workshops give members an extended opportunity to broaden their knowledge in topics such as Project Risk Management, Scheduling, Conflict Management, Leadership and Change Management while picking up PDUs at discounted rates.
- The Critical Path – Newsletters provide members with the latest information on chapter meetings, surveys, tips and other helpful information that links members to a professional community of shared interests.
- Career Opportunities – Receive email notifications of job postings in our area and referrals from other members.
- Teaching Opportunities – Preparing others for an exam certification can be rewarding. Our chapter frequently offers examination preparatory classes for which you can earn PDUs – both for preparation and presentation (Particular area PMI certification is required).
- Knowledge Sharing – Provides opportunities to enhance professional development through attending monthly knowledge sharing meetings.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Leadership opportunities in the chapter enable members to take “ownership” in chapter events, to share responsibilities in promoting interests in the industry and to influence the professional direction of our chapter through board involvement – all while earning PDUs!
- Leadership Opportunities – Volunteers for the Chapter get real world experience in leading teams and in running an organization.
For additional information, please contact our VP of Membership.
Benefits PMI Membership
From monthly magazines to tools and templates, PMI is dedicated to providing project professionals with the latest in practices and trends that will help members gain the knowledge and skills necessary to meet the demands in today’s markets. Visit www.pmi.org to find out more about the many benefits offered to PMI members.
Benefits of PMI membership at a discount:
Transfering your PMI Chapter Membership
* Membership in PMI is a prerequisite to membership in a local chapter. Please remember to select the Columbus, Georgia Chapter before checking out.