If you are a speaker or presenter and are interested in presenting to our membership at a chapter meeting or workshop, we are interested in hearing from you. Topics can vary the spectrum of all project management related topics. Remember, members receive PDUs that are aligned to the PMI Talent TriangleTMTM under the categories of Strategic and Business Management, Technical Project Management, and Leadership. Examples include:
Strategic and Business Management
Business oriented skills that apply to all certifications:
- Benefits management and realization
- Business acument
- Business models and structures
- Competivie analysis
- Customer relationship and satification
- Industry knowledge and standards
- Legal and regulatory compliance
- Market arwareness and conditions
- Operational functions (e.g. finance, marketing)
- Strategic planning, analysis, alignment
Technical Project Management
Domain expertise, certification-specific:
- Agile practices
- Data gathering and modeling
- Earned value management
- Governance (project, program, portfolio)
- Lifecycle management (project, program, portfolio)
- Performance management (project, program, portfolio)
- Requirements management and traceability
- Risk management
- Schedule management
- Scope management (project, program, portfolio, product)
- Time, budget, and cost estimation
Competency in guiding and motivating: applies to all certifications
- Coaching and mentoring
- Conflict management
- Emotional intelligence
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem Solving
- Team building
What You Need to Do
This process can be started by filling out the following form and contacting the VP of Programs for Chapter Meeting or Contacting the VP Professional Development for more information regarding workshop related events.
Chapter meetings are typically held on the 1st Thursday of the month, except December. The December meeting is typically an annual business meeting. They are held at different locations: Synovus Uptown Center or Columbus Public Library on Macon Road. Chapter meeting presentations should be at least 1 hour in length.
Speaking at a Monthly Chapter Meeting will earn you PDUs under Giving Back > Give a Presentation category!
Contact VP of Programs for more information regarding Chapter Meetings
Professional Development Events
Professional Development Events are arranged at various times throughout the year and can be 3 hour or 1/2 day, or full day days. Include your fee schedule with your topic and description and additional details to begin this process.
Speaking or Teaching on a Project or Program Management topic at a workshop or formal course will earn you PDUs under Giving Back > Give a Presentation category!
Contact VP of Professional Development for more information regarding Professional Development events.
Thank you for your interest and we look forward to talking to you!