PMI Columbus GA Chapter
“By overseeing complex projects from inception to completion, project managers have the potential to shape an organization’s trajectory, helping to reduce costs, maximize company efficiencies, and increase revenue…through 2027, the project management-oriented labor force… is expected to grow by 33 percent, or nearly 22 million new jobs. By 2027, employers will need nearly 88 million individuals in project management-oriented roles."
The Project Management Institute (PMI®) and its PMI Columbus, GA Chapter can play vital roles in preparing YOU for these opportunities. Your PMI membership offers significant personal and professional value and a local chapter offers so much more. PMI Columbus, GA chapter opportunities are tailored to our members because our local member-volunteers operate the chapter and the programming. Below is a list of benefits you will have at your fingertips when you join PMI Global and our local chapter!
Benefits of PMI Global Membership
- Be part of the largest PM community
- Track your certification status with myPMI
- Download the PMBOK®Guide for free
- Unlimited access to PMIstandards+™digital content solution
- Unlimited access to PMI Picks for bite-sized project management and power skill learnings
- Unlock 1,000+ tools and templates
- Get more, free opportunities to earn PDUs
- Save on career-advancing certifications
- Find relevant jobs with the PM Job Board
- Stay up-to-date with PMI publications
- Digital download of the Disciplined Agile “Choose Your WoW” book
- Opportunity to join local chapters for educational and networking opportunities (additional annual fee)
See the PMI Membership Benefits Brochure (PDF) for more benefits of membership with PMI!!
Benefits of Columbus, GA Chapter Membership*
- Monthly Chapter Meetings – Virtual and in-person meetings with professional guest speakers bringing valuable insights from the industry through popular project management topics that grant free Professional Development Units (PDUs).
- Networking Events - provide opportunities to network with fellow professionals from our local area and neighboring cities such as Albany, Auburn, Tuskegee, Montgomery, to share ideas and solutions that will help one another achieve great career and industry strides.
- Educational/Professional Development Workshops – Workshops give members an extended opportunity to broaden their knowledge in topics such as Project Risk Management, Scheduling, Conflict Management, Leadership and Change Management while picking up PDUs at discounted rates.
- Career Opportunities – Receive email notifications of job postings in our area and referrals from other members.
- Teaching Opportunities – Preparing others for an exam certification can be rewarding. Our chapter frequently offers examination preparatory classes for which you can earn PDUs – both for preparation and presentation (Particular area PMI certification is required).
- Knowledge Sharing – Provides opportunities to enhance professional development through attending monthly knowledge sharing meetings.
- Volunteer Opportunities – Leadership opportunities in the chapter enable members to take “ownership” in chapter events, to share responsibilities in promoting interests in the industry and to influence the professional direction of our chapter through board involvement – all while earning PDUs!
- Leadership Opportunities – Volunteers for the Chapter get real world experience in leading teams and in running an organization.
For additional information, please contact our VP of Membership.
* Membership in PMI is a prerequisite to membership in a local chapter. Please remember to select the Columbus, Georgia Chapter before checking out.